Kalzip® Vario LB refurbishment system
The Kalzip Vario LB is a completely cost-effective and sustainable refurbishment solution for dilapidated roofs, transforming them into a safer sloping roof (cold roof construction).
The flexibility and variety of the Kalzip Vario LB refurbishment system allows architects, designers and building contractors creative freedom. Simultaneously, those in the trade can redefine roof landscapes in existing buildings and significantly improve the visual appearance of old buildings. The system consists of extruded aluminium profiles, which are very light, not flammable and can be structurally used as a full roof framework system. Whether it is a gable, mono-pitched or hip roof – anything is possible.
This innovation has been awarded the Plus X Award in four categories and as the Best Product of the Year.
Vario LB refurbishment system
Kalzip profile sheet
LB rotable clip
LB roof panel support
LB support profile
LB vertical column
LB thermal barrier pad 145/200
LB round purlin 80
Base channel 200
LB support bracket
LB purlin connector 80
Roof construction: 1. Kalzip profile sheet, 2. LB rotable clip, 3. LB roof panel support, 4. LB clip, 5. LB support profile, 6. LB vertical column, 7. LB thermal barrier pad 145/200, 8. LB round purlin 80, 9. Base channel 200, 10. LB support bracket, 11. LB purlin connector 80
Vario LB: wins prizes in four categories and best construction material of the year
The Plus X Award is the world’s biggest innovation prize for technology, sport and lifestyle in the area of branded products. Anyone who wants to win one of these prizes must demonstrate real innovation in terms of quality and innovation with their product. In total, the specialist jury for the Plus X Award hands out prizes in seven categories: Innovation, Design, High Quality, Ease of Use, Functionality, Ergonomics and Ecology.
As a pioneer in the area of innovative and creative options for the design of building shells, we at Kalzip were among the nominees with our Vario LB roof renovation system. This is an honour in itself, but we were also able to top it off with further success as our new Kalzip Vario LB refurbishment system was awarded the Plus X Award in no less than four categories: Innovation, High Quality, Ease of Use and Functionality.
However, things got even better as these four awards separated us from the competition. And very recently we were also able to celebrate winning the Plus X Award Product of the Year 2021 for construction materials. This award illustrates what we have achieved with the development of Vario LB.
Awarded in 4 categories and as best construction material of the year
- Innovation – the advantages of Vario LB: This system is energy-efficient and economical. It is very light, yet stable, not flammable and can be used structurally as a full roof framework system for gable, mono-pitched or shed roofs or for roof refurbishment.
- High Quality – all materials used are produced from high-quality, largely recycled aluminium. The substructure of the system, which can be installed on almost all bases, is just as durable as the Kalzip roof covering itself.
- Ease of Use – modular elements specially tailored to the customers’ needs considerably reduce the installation time. In addition, with Vario LB it is possible to achieve any roof pitch from 1.5° to 20°.
- Functionality – Vario LB itself is very light. The standard gravel layer can be removed, which means the reserve load-bearing capacity can be used for additional insulation or solar systems. In addition, the system is strong, stable and quick and cost-effective to install.
- Best product of the year 2021 – No other product in the construction materials area was able to win more categories than the Vario LB. This shows how impressed the jury is with our product. And it also means that we have been crowned the winner of the “Best Product of the Year Award 2021”.
Energy-efficient and affordable refurbishment – sustainable investment in the future
- Considerable reduction of installation time due to tailored modular elements
- Flexible adjustment of the roof pitch, irrespective of the existing building
- The materials used are just as durable as the Kalzip roof covering
- Ideal for removal and building in existing buildings
- For sustainable refurbishment of dilapidated roofs
- For visual enhancement of buildings that are worth preserving